16 SEER to 18 SEER Efficiency Air Conditioners – Dallas, San Antonio and Houston, TX
- Are these more efficient units Energy Star qualified?
- If I choose one of these systems, do I qualify for rebates and tax credits?
- Are some of these 16-18 SEER systems less expensive than others?
Texas consumers choose products for their homes very carefully, always looking for great value and performance. When it comes to air conditioning, efficiency and energy bill savings are important factors. The sweet spot in SEER efficiency ratings for central AC equipment is between 16 and 18 SEER, making models in that range the most popular choice in Texas and elsewhere. The number of those units offered by all residential HVAC manufacturers, including Bryant, Ducane, Rheem, Carrier, Goodman, Daikin, Lennox, Amana, Ducane and Trane, reflects that popularity. Homeowners have a wide range of choices that are ideally suited for summer heat in Houston, Dallas Fort Worth and San Antonio areas.
Central AC models with 16 to 18 SEER ratings are Energy Star qualified. They’re eligible for energy company rebates and tax credits, too, whenever they are offered. Their high efficiency also saves substantially on energy bills every month. Manufacturers offer units with this efficiency in multiple model lines, letting consumers choose money-saving single-stage compressors or smoother operating multi-stage compressors. Matched with specific indoor evaporator A-coils, they all provide outstanding cooling. The somewhat higher equipment price is soon recovered through lower monthly energy bills. Careful price comparisons will reveal outstanding values to match almost any budget.
Models with 16-18 SEER Ratings Are Available from All Manufacturers
- Amana – This popular brand of HVAC equipment offers a complete range of high-efficiency AC models in all capacities: ASX16, ASXC16 and ASXC18.
- American Standard – Ask your Texas AC dealer for details on the Energy Star qualified models including: Silver 16 Series, Gold 17 Series Two-stage and Platinum 18 Series with variable speed.
- Bryant – You’ll find a highly rated, efficient system in all price ranges in Bryant’s extensive model line-up: Legacy 116B, Preferred 126A, Preferred 127A, Evolution 186B, Evolution 187B.
- Carrier – This renowned manufacturer has 16-18 SEER models in all of its product lines, letting you pick a reliable unit that matches your budget: Comfort 16 24ABC6, Comfort 16 24AAA6, Performance 16 24ACC6, Performance 17 24ACB7, Infinity 16 24ANB6 and Infinity 17 24ANB7.
- Comfortmaker – Compare this economical brand’s range of equipment and prices with other brands in this efficiency range: Performance 16 N4A6, SoftSound 16 CSA6, SoftSound 16 SXA6 and SoftSound Deluxe 17 CCA7.
- Ducane – Ask a Texas Ducane dealer or independent contractor for details about the models for additional options to consider: 4AC14L, 4AC14B, 4AC16LT and 4AC18LT.
- Daikin Goodman – Economical pricing, excellent warranties and local manufacturing lead many consumers to choose these models: GSX16 and DSX18.
- Lennox – Many Lennox dealers in Dallas Ft. Worth, Houston and San Antonio can show you the benefits and competitive pricing for these popular models: Elite XC16 and Signature SL18XC1.
- Rheem – Compare these affordable Rheem 16 and 17 SEER central AC models with equipment from other brands: Classic RA16 and Classic Plus RA17.
- Ruud – Like its sister company Rheem, the models below are often supplied by independent AC companies in Texas: Achiever RA16 and Achiever Plus UA17.
- Trane – If Trane is your brand of choice, you’ll have an extensive range of choices in this popular efficiency rating class: XB16, XR16, XL16, XV16, XR17, XL18 and XV18.
High-Efficiency Central Air Conditioning at Affordable Cost
Energy efficient central air conditioners are bringing comfort and big savings for homeowners in all regions of Texas, from Northlake, McKinney and Wylie to Midlothian, Cleburne and Kennedale in the Dallas Fort Worth area, from Grey Forest, Pipe Creek and Timberwood Park to New Berlin, Gruene and Calaveras in the San Antonio metro, and from Crosby, Baytown and La Porte to Hillcrest, Bonney and Pearland in the greater Houston metro.
There has never been a better time to upgrade your central AC system with a high-efficiency, money-saving outdoor unit. If it’s time for a new or replacement condenser and compressor equipment, you owe it to yourself to consider a model with a 16-18 SEER rating. Affordable pricing, along with outstanding performance and potential rebates and tax credits for these Energy Star qualified models, mean outstanding energy bill savings that soon offset the increased cost over lower efficiency systems. You’ll find many trusted, experienced AC companies that will give you a free evaluation and price quote on a complete range of options.